1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power issues after jtag

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by drichiez, Feb 17, 2011.

1. drichiez

drichiez Member

Hi everybody
    I'm gonna try to make this long story short.
    So far I've been able to sucessfully jtag a falcon and a xenon, so i'm a bit knowledgeable about this.
    My issue at the moment is with my Jasper arcade 256MB. I don't recall some details since it's been months since I originally started to work on it and then set it aside until better times.

Here's what I did:
    -Console fully functional and exploytable.
    -Dumped nand 3 times and made a reconstructed file, using nandcompare I believe.
    -Flashed it with XBRbb
    -Tested and didn't work. Note: i used the diode jtag method.
    I don't clearly recall what it was that was not working but I don't think I ever got Xell to boot or anything else.
    -Erased nand using the "all pins short" method.
    -flashed it a second time and the same think happed.

Now this time I was gonna erase the nand again and then write the original nand back and forget about it, but i started to get a red light on the power brick, which is indication of a short. I inspected the board allover and didn't find any short whatsoever.

Months later I went back and plugged it back in using a different power supply (different meaning the connector was shaped differently but it fit), this time I got the RROD. I secondary code search pointed to problems with the power supply, so I tested using its original power supply. Now with its original power supply I get a blinking green/amber reading from the power brick.
    A google search states that it may have to do with the AV connection, so I tested with different AV cables and even with a HDMI know to be working and still the same.

I even went and did the new jtag transistor method and everything is still the same.

Any ideas anybody?
    Thx for your time

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member