1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Issues

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Frenchi, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Frenchi

Frenchi Member

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my power cord. Many times when it's plugged into my laptop, it doesn't attach correctly (or something) so my computer can't run on AC, or it cannot charge. It used to have an icon showing how much my battery is charging, but it doesn't have that anymore. And sometimes when the plug falls out and the battery icon says 100%, my computer will shut down like 5 minutes later, when it's supposed to last 2 hours. I have taken it to get fixed professionally, but I don't think they did anymore than look at it (hopefully not).

My laptop is about 3 years old, but I started having this problem in the second year, but it wasn't serious until this year. It is an HP Pavillion zv5000.

I'm going to take it in again to get checked, but I just wanted to know if there was something I can do to prevent the power cord from falling out, or to increase the effectiveness of the cord.

Thanks in advance.

2. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

usually the culprit is a broken wire near both plugs
    [​IMG]

3. Frenchi

Frenchi Member

Do you think it's the socket in my laptop or the cord part that attaches to my comp, or that part that connects to the wall socket? And sometimes when I pick up my laptop, the cord just falls out.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007