1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Problem - MXQ

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Stevens Andros, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Stevens Andros

Stevens Andros Newbie

Hi,

So, when I plug the power cord into the back of the unit I get a quick flash of the blue light and then it powers down. Anyone else had this and know how to fix it? Have tried different power cords as well ... same issue

Thanks!
    Steve

2. piopat

piopat Active member

if it was a power cord / power supply issue it might be an easy fix . but as you say you have tried others and no good . that means the issue is with your box , if you know someone that can test the circuits etc inside it to see if anything has shorted you might be able to sort it . however these boxes are quite inexpensive these days so maybe a new one is better .

if you should buy a new one my advice is make sure it has android firmware 5.1 or above , as versions below that are not compatable with the very latest version of kodi (kodi krypton 17.0) or any further future versions . of course all kodi versions up to kodi jarvis 16.0 can be used on any older android versions .