1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power supply question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ijufphil, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ijufphil

ijufphil Member

Hello everyone. This appears to be the correct forum to place this question in.
    My question regards power supply.
    Is this a good power supply to use. The price is amazing and it seems to be good. I know that thermaltake has a good reputation.
    Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU ATX 12V 2.0 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB certification
    My computer will have a core duo, 2 GB, around a 320 GB hard drive and a solid video card, but not sure which one yet. I will run XP.
    I was searching for power supplies and I found this one. The mail in rebate just started today so I would save about $25.00 off of the regular price.

If the one above is not good, is the following one good? I do not know how good of a reputation XION has, but here they are.
    XION Supernova XON-600F14R-201 ATX12V 600W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL, CE, FCC, CB
    Or this one,
    XION PowerReal XON-600F14T-201 ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100 ~ 120Vac/200 ~ 240Vac
    I know that there are some better power supplies at a higher price, but if these are good, i'd rather use them because they are more affordable.

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

yea, id go with the thermaltake. I dont have a psu from them, but your comment about their reputation is correct.

As for the other PSUs, I've never heard of XION before, kinda sounds like a china brand so it could be faulty.

Id go with the thermaltake hands down.

(wait on the video card, G90s are coming out soon, or wait for the 8800s prices to drop)

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

From what I've heard Xion don't have a very good reputation. Stick with the Purepower.