1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Supply

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Halen5150, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Well;.....after recently obtaining an Ultra V Series 500w psu; I happen to be incredibly satisfied with it; except for one thing:

It only has one pci e connector; which translates to no sli in the future:(....

...but; just yesterday; I saw a special adapter out on the market which is able to convert those 4 pin molex connectors to the pci-e 6 pin; theoretically making it so I could have 1 card powered by the 6 pin pci-e connector that it came with; and the other being powered by using the molex to pci-e adapter.....

...so; my question for this is:

Would I in fact be able to have an sli configuration in the future if I power one of the video cards by the pci-e 6 pin; and the other by two molex connectors by using a pci-e adapter???

Thx;
    Halen5150

2. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

not sure but it sounds like it would work as long as your psu has enough power. 500watts may or may not be enough for some models of cards..

3. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

well we aren't talking bout a high end card here; at the most rite now it would be a 7600Gt.....