1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDirector8 'copy write error'

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Shain776, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Shain776

Shain776 Member

Hi I got this "ION video to PC adapter" that let's you send a VCR feed to your PC via USB and into a bundled program called PowerDirector8. To convert my old VHS collection. I got this several years ago without using it so I hope knowledge of this program is still around.

The problem is I started recording I get this 'copy write error' about 4 mintues into recording and it stops recording. The thing is it's a blank tape with stuff recorded off the TV ages ago. It shouldn't be 'copy write ' protected at all. I can't imagine this product is supposed to do this as most people would use VHS to record TV. Is it actually detecting what's on the tape? Does this program go online to check what's being recorded?

Wondering how to stop this error from coming up and keep recording.

Or....if it's possible to use this adapater with another program that won't do this. I have no idea how good PowerDirector is supposed to be to similar software.

Thanks for any feed back.

2. attar

attar Senior member

What version of Windows are you running?
    Is it compatible with that version?
    Do you have the drivers for that version?

3. Shain776

Shain776 Member

Windows 7
    Yes it's compatible.
    The drivers came bundled on the same disk as the Editing software