1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerdvd problem with Spider-man 2.1

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by asmir47, Apr 24, 2007.

1. asmir47

asmir47 Member

Just got spider-man 2.1 R2 DVD and when i try to view it on my computer, powerdvd freezes on the disc 1 menu....I hear audio but the picture is static,
    Disc 2 plays fine but i got a replacement disc from the shop to try again...same problem. I even installed a different version of powerdvd (7.3) but still i get the same problem. The disc plays fine on the comp through realplayer but it's not really my preferred player of choice...anyone had a similar problem with the disc or know of a possible fix? Thanks

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sounds like a codec problem, you could get vlc player and the movie will play with it, are you trying to copy this disk?

3. asmir47

asmir47 Member

I actually fixed it. turns out it was the DVD region+CSS program i use for multiregion playback. The new sony discs have issues with certain players/programs i think....I disabled the program for watching the film then activated it again......cheers for replying though....