1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

powerISO

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by LindaMM, Jan 14, 2007.

1. LindaMM

LindaMM Member

hi,
    I recently downloaded powerISO and am having a hard
    time figureing it out. I am clueless. I have a TUS movie and would like to burn it to disk as i understand that's how i must view it. Can someone provide me step by step instructions?? Thanks in advance :)

oh and this is what I have experimented with thus far:

The file shows up as a powerISO file. When I right click and check properties it says powerISO file and opens with powerISO. Once open in powerISO I see 4 folders. 1. EXT, 2. MPEGAV, 3. SEGMENT, 4. VCD
    I have read that I should mount the drive - so without selecting one of the folders I click mount - by default a letter F: is assigned with a path showing the movie or tus - so I select mount image - a box opens and again by default the movie is selected for me so I click open - another box opens in which those 4 folders appear again - the title of this box is called VideoCD (F:) - in the MPEGAV folder there is a file that has a .dat extension - no program is selected by default to open - it has the icon that indicates you must choose an application to open it - I was under the impression that you must mount the drive then burn to disk - hope this helps - Linda

I suppose I should also mention that I used VCDgear to convert to a mpeg file that can be played in my media player. I want to know how to burn to disk with powerISO for the sake of knowing how to use it. It's driving me crazy not knowing how.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

You should be able as you said to open and view the iso files in poweriso and then it should have an extract option. Extract it to a new folder and make sure it extracts all files and folders. Then just burn it to your disc using your burning program cause its already in VCD format.

3. LindaMM

LindaMM Member

Thanks - I'll do that :)
    To clarify - do I burn all 4 folders onto disk? When I extract the file I get 4 different folders.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Yes you burn all four folders :)

5. LindaMM

LindaMM Member

Thanks again :)

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

No worries :) anytime.