1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerpoint to DVD with Nero?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bdizzle, Jan 26, 2007.

1. bdizzle

bdizzle Member

Hello, this may be a long shot but worth the question...

Is there a way that I could put a powerpoint presentation on a dvd using Nero 6 and/or win avi converter? I am aware of ppt2dvd but it also costs $100 so I was hoping there was a way around it with programs i have already paid for. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

If you save your powerpoint as jpeg files (a powerpoint "Save As" option), you can then add each slide in as a media file in the "Make Photo Slide Show (DVD)" option.

This works in Nero7.

3. bdizzle

bdizzle Member

Very cool, that does work. But would there be any way to keep the animations (entries of the pics and words) for each slide? This method only leaves me with the end product of each slide, which is cool but I would like to keep the animations as well.

4. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Apart from making each of the animation steps into unique jpeg files, I can't say. We've reached the limit of my experience!

Hopefully someone else can offer further advice

5. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

Well... you could use some s/w to record the Powerpoint (to AVI or MPEG2 format) while you play it and quite possibility you could add a mic and record your speaking as the present plays along.

Then you would import the AVI or MPEG2 into Nero Vision and make a DVD.

Software like Screen Recorder Gold may do the trick, in terms of recording the PowerPoint screen.

See: http://www.download.com/Screen-Recorder-Gold/3000-2194_4-10291190.html?tag=lst-0-2

License Free to try; $29.95 to buy
    Average user rating (8 votes)
    Limitations Nag screen