1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

powers on only with eject button

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Murat777, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Murat777

Murat777 Member

i've been working on my ps2 soldering wires...anyway no that i have messed with it so much the power button won't work but the eject button will. i don't like it cuz i can't put the ps2 in standby. do you know a way to fix the cable or do i have to buy one?

if i have to buy one do i need to go to the sony web site or is it sold somewhere cheaper?

2. Murat777

Murat777 Member

okay i know the cable is good cuz i checked it with a multimeter. basically i bought a DUO2 se for my ps2 ver4 and while waiting for it to arrive i went ahead and soldered all the wires to the board excluding the power and ground. i snipped off the other end of the wires so they don't touch anything on the board. i closed up the ps2 so i can still play it while i'm waiting for the mod chip to arrive. but like i said earlier the reset button doesn't work but the eject button does... any ideas?

could it be because one of the wires i soldered was for the reset?

will this problem most likely disapear when i solder the ends of the wires to the mod chip?

3. Murat777

Murat777 Member

can anyone that has DUO2 se in their ps2 tell me if i should be able to turn on and off the ps2 with the reset button. in the directions to use the mod chip it mainly says to use the eject button so maybe what i'm experiencing is supposed to happen. let me know.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have a duo2 se in my v7 and the reset/standby button functions as normal

5. Murat777

Murat777 Member

thanks for the response. i found the problem.