1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerVCRII fails to install

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by bogskarzi, Aug 22, 2004.

1. bogskarzi

bogskarzi Member

Can any reader offer a possible reason why a trial d/l or a full purchased copy of Cyberlink PowerVCRII fails to install correctly on a P4 Asus system. An error message is diplayed after launching the program which states that: PVCR.exe has generated errors....... You will have to restart the program. An error log is being generated. Restarting PVCR has no effect, just the same message.
    I have mailed Cyberlink but they chose not to reply. My qestion to them, in addition to the above, was, where can I locate the error log in my system. I had no difficulty with Cyberlink Power Director installation purchased from the same source at the same time. I have deleted the original installation and cleaned out the registry entries using Reg. Ist Aid before attempting each new trial run. Thnx in advance.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should Just avoid PowerVCR all together because it is a Very Very Old program, I believe that the Latest version Came out in 2001 and It is a Bit Buggy because it came out before XP SP1 came out so it has Problems with XP SP1 and SP2....
    Would would Achieve Better quality Captures if you Tried something like "Intervideo WinDVR 3.0"....