1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pps hori protective or privacy filter?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by master353, Aug 2, 2007.

1. master353

master353 Regular member

The protective filter just protects, I had it before, but is the privacy filter worth the extra $2-3 just to reduce glare? Does it really help that much?

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Don't get the privacy filter stuff! I'm not sure if we are talking about the same one, but the one I had before sucked big time.

Yes it works to reduce glare, but it darkens the screen so much. If the reduced viewing angle doesn't bother you, consider this: the screen color distorts (rainbow color) whenever you move your head. I couldn't rip that crap off my psp fast enough.

P.S. Hori rules!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  3. nycdude

nycdude Member

I have the hori filter on my psp right now and I cannot really tell the difference from the previous cheap Pelican one before it, imho.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I like hori mainly because it's easy to put on. It doesn't use adhesive but rather more like static. So if you mess up, you can try again. Hori does have some anti-glare.

5. master353

master353 Regular member

I had the hori screen protector before, I tried to clean it with my finger and removed some of the sticky stuff there is a huge bubble. I just wanted to know if I should get the samething again or the privacy one.

Thanks. I shall get the protective one.