1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prassi primo driver problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by marcris, Dec 12, 2004.

1. marcris

marcris Member

I changed my cd writer to a nec nd3500 dvd writer, it works great with Nero etc,but when I try to use prassi I now get a message (no compatible drive found)can any one please help me wih this.

2. duckula67

duckula67 Member

I had exactly the same problem. It looks as though Prassi doesn't recognise your (our) drives because it is quite old now and is no longer updated. I tried everywhere looking for updates but found I already had the latest version.
    The only way round it is to use DVDDecrypter instead. It will burn any files created with prassi (i.e. .gi file extension) Here is an example of how to use it:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/123331

, but there are tutorials elsewhere on Afterdawn as well I think.
    Good luck

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes as duckula67 stated, Prassi is no longer available.

It is now in the new form of the 'Recordnow' series of software provided by Sonic.

http://www.sonic.com

You do have to purchase it, but take my word for it, the deluxe suite 7.2 provides full support for the NEC dual layer writers and also Pioneer Dual layer aswell.

A definate 'money well spent investment', but as duckula67 stated also, you can use dvd decrypter as a bypass solution aswell............................

The .gi extension is the abbreviation for Global Image - just like Nero's .nrg extension which is attributed to their specific images...............