1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-mod

Discussion in 'PS2' started by flyinonic, Apr 10, 2005.

1. flyinonic

flyinonic Member

Hey guys, Im looking into getting a pre-modded ps2. Ive been reading around and have seen that the ps2slim easily has its laser burnt out, so Im looking for a ps2 v7-11 premodded with dms4 pro and romeo mod if needed. I would like to buy it off a reliable website of some sort, so do you guys have any in mind? Thanks.

2. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

I'm not sure about where to buy a premod, but I don't recomend it. They charge 300+ for those. I recomend getting a V12 ps2 and Swap disks. That'll cost you about 175.

I think the reason people's lasers keep burning out is because they use crappy media and the laser has trouble reading it. I have a v12 slim ps2 and I haven't had any laser trouble so far.

I only use the best media though: Japanese Tayo Yudens. I also use a Benq 1620 DVD burner which is supposed to be one of the best. If you buy the DVD burner and the slim ps2 and the swap disks you'll still come out cheaper than getting a premod which you have no guarantee that it will last any longer than what I recomend. (People have had the fat PS2s lasers burn up just like the slim ones.)

3. steimy

steimy Active member

you can get a premodded slim PSTwo here, they are on sale right now until 4-30-05
    http://www.xmodd.com
    It will take them about 2 weeks because they are made to order

I suggest the DMS4 Pro version, it is of course $10 more then the others but workth it. I think they are $270 right now.
    With that system, and te ToxicOS v0.2 (which at that sight already comes on the system when you get it) you will have no more swapping at all, even when i use my AR Max i just put the AR Max disc in, choose the game in expert mode and select the start with codes, press the eject and flip the top up and put in the back up discs and it loads right up with codes, also plays both NTSC and PAL games.

4. flyinonic

flyinonic Member

Yea i am planning on getting it from there. The only thing is I dont just want the summ0ne fix, I would like to have the slim-fix v3 in there too. Cuz the slim-fix is 100% garunteed (I dont believe it but if i get a warranty on it then im cool with it) and summ0ne is a nice fix. So as of right now I would love to get it from there they are a great company (all my friends buy from there and they are remarkable at what they do), but they dont have the slim-fix v3 installed. However, modchipworld.com does have it pre-modded with that but not the summ0ne fix, so i just have to decide. Any help? lol

5. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

6. flyinonic

flyinonic Member

I dont have it so therefore it cant be broken. im just looking out for myself when i do buy it. Plus I used to have swap magic discs with my v7 ps2 and they get real annoying real fast so i want a modchip. But thanks for the input cuz if i were really new it would totally have helped me and im sure other people who have read this have indeed went out and bought them and love the death of them so im sure they are glad you helpeed. Thanks.

7. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

Just out of curiosity, did your V7 PS2's laser burn up and did you have a mod chip in it?

I can understand the slide trick being annoying, but with the new slim PS2s it's SO easy to swap with all the fliping of the top and such.

8. flyinonic

flyinonic Member

yea i used swap magic discs up until my v7 ps2's laser burnt out. the only reason im upgrading is that it took a huge beating moving from apartment to apartment a few times so yea.