1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prebuilt Desktop with most Standard Hardware

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by blueblur, Dec 13, 2012.

1. blueblur

blueblur Member

Being a small reseller, I don't have to the time to build my own machines to sell to people, so I bought prebuilt machines and installed the software on them to prep them for resale. The manufacturer I bought from was Systemax, and they recently stated they are stopping desktop production, so need a new source.

My problem is that I have worked on Dell, HP, and other name machines that may be low cost up front, but if something goes bad, it costs a mint to replace because of using proprietary power supplies, motherboards with special connectors, or any other odd combination of evil.

Does anyone know any manufacturer that offers a decent/budget prices line of desktops that use standard parts? Or at least mostly standard for at least power, motherboard, and case. As an added bonus, do you know any that don't come preloaded with a load of junkware trials and limited apps?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member