1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier Pro Slowness

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Parto10, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Parto10

Parto10 Member

I have a problem editing my DV video clips in Adobe Premier Pro. The program runs very slow and I’m not sure weather this is the norm or if my processor is too slow or there is something else wrong?

Problem: Preview screen will not show streaming video in playback and toggle screen does not work in real time. I’m sure that I had it working a month ago on a movie file captured through a video recorder. Not sure if the video files are too big and that is the problem?

Video files are aprox. 9GB each (want to cut and edit them into a 40min clip - should be no problems)

System running - 2.66GHz P4, with 1GB DDR Ram.
    Have a Radion 9200 Video card and capturing DV video with WinFast DV2000 capture card.

As I stated, I thought it was working fine in my last 2 successful DVD productions (however amateurish they were).

It’s just extremely frustrating to cut a video when it takes 30seconds to see a frame change appear and 2 days to export a movie to HDD.

I welcome any suggestions to help me work all this expensive equipment. I would very much like to create clips as a hobby, however this is a timely process without slowdown problems.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I get this same Slowness on my PC sometimes(P-4 2.53ghz) so I believe it is because of our CPU speed as they Recomed a Dual processor Hyper-Threading system at 3.0 ghz Pluss for real time effects and real time preview....I personally Like Vegas Video 5 much better than Premier Pro, It has real Time effects and a much simpler Interface but can do pretty much anything that premier can and more But Faster, and Has a Better quality mpeg encoder and has a 6 chanell Dolby AC3 encoder...