1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

premoded ps2 with magic v

Discussion in 'PS2' started by whoreboil, Feb 10, 2004.

1. whoreboil

whoreboil Member

can anyone out there with a premod-magic v tell me if they are a good investment or not? i used the swap magic method for about 4 days and it fried my console.
    i see alot of people in this forum are having the exact same trouble i had with this swap magic. my console wont read any data at all anymore-disc read error on ALL media i insert. but now i am out a ps2 so i guess ill buy a new one. any info on the premod with magic v would be greatly apprieciated.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

why buy a new one? if it's still under warranty and you used a slide card then send it in to sony and they'll repair it for free... If it's not in warranty (you took the void sticker off) I think they charge like $30 to repair. You can call them and find out the details.

3. PS2Mods

PS2Mods Member

All I can say is stay away from www.ps2modco.com

A friend of mine sent them his PS2 and they totally wrecked his machine, sent it back to him that way without any explanation.

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I bought mine from www.modchipstore.com . They answer emails promptly. It comes with a 90 day warranty. I have had no problems loading or playing originals or backups. It directly boots everything. Go to http://www.modchipstore.com/Brand_NEW_PreModified_Sony_Playstation_2_Console_p_16161.html for more info. They accept money orders in case you don't have a credit card or are afraid of giving out credit card info.

P.S. - they only mail the pre-modified consoles within the continental 48 states.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004