1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preparing for Blu-Ray and DVD-HD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ag22, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ag22

ag22 Regular member

As with both DVD-R and DVD+R, Blu-Ray and HDDVD will prolly become dual leading formats, and people will make BR and HD readers along with burners. However when the burners come out (under $500), I dont wanna be left out in the cold. I have 15 movies on my hard drive. Do you guys think that we will be able to burn our .iso files, and our .vob files on to br and hd discs when burners come out? I dont see why we shouldnt, but until recently VHS to DVD has been hard, although those were not on our HDD.

Also has anyone heard of any xtra copy protection precautions that they are taking? Such as only making ROMs, or something like that?

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

A few months ago I read a very detailed article on blu-ray, now I wish I would have kept this but the article kept mentioning that if this even became something that would be in normal use it would be nearly 10 years away. This seems to be much closer then anticipated. That article did mention and I might have overlooked some details but it mentioned that the blu-ray media was to be read only, and no writable media would be offered at least while it was patented.

Now of Course just like the transformation from VHS to DVD they have to offer both for a fair period of time, I believe VHS is basically near the end of production at least for the New Releases. Now myself I will continue to buy, rent and use DVD's whenever the newer media is released. If the consumers basically refuse to purchase the new players and videos on the new format they will have very little choice but to continue to offer the DVD format. Of course this would never happen, but Im gonna do my part for it.