1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prescott 3.0 Ghz

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by iani_2006, Feb 4, 2007.

1. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

Hi, i am thinking of overclocking my P4 prescott 3.0 Ghz- 2 mb with memory 512 MB DDRII 533 Mhz my mobo is MSI PM8PM-V but before i do that i want to ask you guy if my temp is normal CPU - 49C , System - 34C. I hv only one 8mm fan on the back of the case. Do you think that temp is normal ? Oh and my PS is 300W. Thanks in advance.

2. onya

onya Guest

Hi iani_2006, just like yourself, it seems that there's a never ending list of questions when it comes to overclocking. Your temps are fine at present,(mine are similar)But, as you know, they will change dramatically with O/C'g. At this point I'm saving my pennies for a Thermaltake Bigwater 745. At around $AUD225.00 and the reviews I've read, make it a pretty good buy to my way of thinking. Enough of the anecdotes, here's the link to AD's Official overclocking thread.

This is just my opinion, but I think you may need to up the PSU, to a much higher unit. If you plan on adding extra fans or make other upgrades, this psu will be a disadvantage.

Cheers.

3. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

Its really good but its a bit expensive so i am gona wait for overclocking my PC after i get some more cash. Tanks a lot

4. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

5. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

Thats a great thing for a good price. How many degrees would the temperature fall with ? I would like to overclock it to 3.4 or 3.6 Ghz . Btw my Prescott 3.0 is with 2 mb l-cache. I would also want to overclock my Graphics card since thats what mostly metters in game if posible ofcourse , my video card is G-Force FX-5200 PCI 128mb can you help me of how to do that ?

6. BigDK

BigDK Regular member