1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty new to this, got a quick question.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Toiletman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I'm pretty new to converting .avi into DVD, and so far I've been using a program called ConvertXtoDVD. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, but I don't know whether the quality has been affected. I always encode at the highest quality. (I can't really tell, since I'm a newbie at this.)

I'd just like to know the list of what the most popular applications are at the moment for .avi to DVD conversion, and what I can do to make the quality of my DVDs higher.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well if you want to make the quailty better, just rip the movie files from the orignal disk, that way you know that you will be geting the best quailty, you state that you are useing convertxtodvd it is a great program, so you must be converting files that you got off the net, right? also convertxtodvd is one of the best out there, also you can go into the program and change the setting as far as converting if you change to slow converting it will be the best this program can do but it will take twice as long, and as far as different programs to do encoding for avi or dvix files do a search and read reviews on different users, google is your friend