1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pretty sure Kazaa Wrecked my Computer

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ABMone, Apr 23, 2003.

1. ABMone

ABMone Guest

after hearing all the bad things about Kazaa i decided to uninstall it and switch to Kazaa lite. i got rid of everything kazaa now when i try to get on the internet it shows the little aol box and says starting aol but never starts.

to get on aol i have to use an internet shortcut on vcd easy that is a online faq

please tell me someone knows whats going on

2. JoeDirt

JoeDirt Member

Download Ad Aware 6 to complete free your computer of any spyware/adware Kazaa installed on your computer.

3. graham666

graham666 Member

try system restore i dont think kazza was the problem if you uninstalled it properly i have uninstalled kazza loads of times with no problem but when i uninstalled e donkey manualy i lost my internet but system restore fixed it

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  4. Savachild

Savachild Member

You might want to check the Norton website for instructions on removing the Hawawi virus. I receieved it unknowingly while using Kazaa Lite. Hawawi changes filesizes for mp3s, mpegs, .txt, and many other filenames to zero. The names of the files will still be there but the filesize is now zero. It also adds a ton of files with sexual names into your Windows\System folder. It's tough to get rid of and (at least in my case) the files were unable to be recovered. After killing the virus and reinstalling Windows I have learned to be more careful while using Kazaalite or any other P2P proggies.