1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prevent ur PS2 get burned

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chunghong, Jun 18, 2004.

1. chunghong

chunghong Guest

I am not sure whether this post before or u had read this, Just saw a chinese web site here:

http://game.pchome.net/2004/03/19/7167.htm

Just a piece of advise form there:

Use high quality of DVD-R or RW. Refrain from using lower quality DVD and CDs as it may made PS2 laser work harder, PS2 voltage goes up and decrease the life of PS2.

Modchip. Try using messiah 2 or DMS3 as they had lower temperture when wroking than other chips. High temperature in chip may cause decrease in your PS2 life.

V9 and V10 PS2 is slightly more easily to get your PS2 burned than V0 - V8 because Sony had used a slightly used a lower quality for the IC (Not sure is laser) (LA6508) in V9, V10 than in V0 - V8 (BA5815). This is to save the PS2 production cost.

--Correct me if i am wrong--

2. zincy

zincy Member

hmm u sure about the laser thing?
    i heard that verison 1-4 has very weak lasers

3. scipio

scipio Guest

Well, thank you for your advise chunghong, but I think it's too late for my ps2. :-(

I have a V 9 PS2, a DMS3 Modchip and I used Verbatim DVD-R for my backups. It worked perfectly until 2-3 days ago. Since then my PS2 doesn't read any media. I read something about problems with LA-Chip in the newer versions of PS2.

Has someone the same problem? Or does someone know how I can solve my problem?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

5. punx777

punx777 Regular member

the matrix infinity chip will help prevent overheating or whatever,

- Very Stable (Thanks to the sleep mode the IC will never Overheat)
    - CD Lens Safe (Avoid CD lens damage by sending un-necessary signal to the Drive Controller)
    (taken from norcalmods.com)