1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

preview blacks out

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by skye11, Sep 10, 2004.

1. skye11

skye11 Guest

Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for the last couple of days and have to say.....what a nice group of people. I've found alot of information in here that's helped me alot. Thanks a bunch. Now, I think I have a problem???? I'm not quite sure. When I try to back up a file, it starts off fine and then the preview blacks out. One is The Punisher (I've read the problem with that one) and Jersey Girl. It never did this before now. Is my movie still backing up or is there something wrong? I don't want to go through the whole process only to find out it didn't work. I am new to all of this. Also, I used decrypter one these movies and it burned with captions at the bottom. Who want's to watch a movie that way hehe. That is why I'm trying it just with Shrink this time. Can anyone help me out? Thanks guys and gals.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I normally disable the preview window so mine is always blacked out or showing a still frame. If you are not sure, just play the files back after Shrink does it's thing. Use your media player or you could even open the files with Shrink and watch what it just backed up.

As far as the sub-titles go, you can run the Decrypter files through Shrink and uncheck the sub-titles box. I don't think you can do anything about that in Decrypter, however if you are backing up the entire movie without removing anything, you should be able to use the player controls and just turn them off.

3. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Make sure you have the latest DirectX installed. If that don't help. Try to change the setting for preview in Shrink preferences.