1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

preview problem

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by trung, Jan 26, 2004.

1. trung

trung Member

Hi
    i m using Overnet to load sharing file (music, movie...). With kazaa software , when i download movie (formated .avi for example) , i am able to preview it (for what i downloaded at that time )before the downloading finally finished . I dont know whether this feature can be in Overnet software .If not , how can i
    do this ?
    I tried Kazaa avi preview for those files but not work .
    Thank you

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

there is a plug in if you go to sharereactor.com and look at the overnet part of the forum I downloaded a plug in from there

3. trung

trung Member

Hi
    I just downloaded the Overnet preview plugin , then i have to download VLC media player (coz realplayer or window media can not open the file )
    I chose Copy Preview .After copying finished , i open it by VLC media .Howerver , it doesnt show anything (the screen grey , the slider not moving) , even drives my computer run very slow till i stop the file.
    Do you know what i should do ?
    Thanks in advance.

4. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

With VideoLan you will typically need the first and sometimes last parts of the file you are downloading. You can check for that by stretching out the progress bar and seeing if the first and last parts have been downloaded. Also, make sure the plugin has been properly installed by going to videolan's preferences and looking for the access_partfile plugin under plugins/access. (At least I hope we're talking about the same one, lol.) If it's not there, obviously try to reinstall it. I have all the boxes checked except the bottom two. Don't mess with the advanced option (Caching value in ms). Also, don't worry about the Copy Preview thing, just go to open file in videolan and direct it to your temp folder (probably C:\program files\overnet\temp) and it will open your partfile part1.met, part2.met, etc. If you still can't get it to preview, it's possible you don't have the proper codec to view the file. Hope this helps!

5. trung

trung Member

hi there
    I followed your instructions
    *Fisrtly , my VideoLan verison is VLC media player 0.7.0(wxwindows interface )
    *When i looked under plugins/access, i found access_file instead of your mentioned access_partfile .Then i didnt see any box to be checked (just filenames )
    *About Codec, i think my computer has needed codecs because it can play Divx file (.avi) , dvd, vcd and files that i downloaded from Kazaa , play on REalone player , or windows media player
    *I tried to use Kazaa Avi preview to show the file , but it cant be played.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  6. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

Access file was already there. You need to try reinstalling the plugin, or if you already have it installed, please tell me the name of it so I can download it and work with it myself. I was under the assumption that it was the same plugin I have, access_partfile, in which case you do not have the plugin installed.

7. trung

trung Member

i just read some posts in other forum discussing about access_partfile .They mentioned about " eMule part file access module for VideoLAN " .and instructed :

"Download and install VideoLAN client (VLC) at http://www.videolan.org
    Unzip the eMule part file access module package and copy the libaccess_partfile_plugin.dll file into the plugin directory of your VideoLAN client installation. e.g. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins
    Open the eMule Preferences/Files dialog and specify VideoLAN client as the video player which is to be used for previewing part files.
    Specify the full path to the executable of VideoLAN client. e.g. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
    Disable the option Create backup to preview
    Check, if the eMule part file access module is properly recognized by VLC. See also..."

Is it similar to my case ?
    Anyway , my VideoLan has neither Access_partfile or Libaccess_partfile_plugin....?
    i dont know where to download this filename ?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004