1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview window in dvdshrink never works

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ratebeer, Feb 18, 2004.

1. ratebeer

ratebeer Member

Okay, I have been using dvdshrink for a couple months and Love it. the only problem is that the preview window never worked from the get go. I thought that it was because of my dvd player software, so I changed it a couple times and never had any luck. So I just said to hell with it, it doesnt bother me that much.

Well, yesterday I bought second hand lions and wanted to back it up so my kids can use it and such. Well, there was two different movie files on the disk, one for widescreen and one for pan and scan. This is the first one to have this, normally I just buy the widescreen. After playing around and stuff I determined which file was the correct (widescreen) version I wanted. Luckily I got it right the first try (even though I dont think that the kids would have minded having p and s).

When I was done I couldnt help but think about how much easier it would have been to just have that bloody preview window working so I can see what I am copying before I do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to remedy this problem?

Thanks!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

3. ratebeer

ratebeer Member

Dude, my bad. I did many searches for it and never saw it. Thanks tho!

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Also remember to have 'Enable video and audio preview' ticked.

5. mgebbia

mgebbia Member

Hello,

I'm having the same problem and I have the latest version. I even went back a version and I still can't get the preview in the bottom left corner after the disc is analysed.

You can only put a check in the preview window after the shrink has already started...

Any Ideas ????

Thanks

Mike

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

mgebbia,

Hey there Good Guy,

Go to "edit", "preferences", "Preview", tick the top box :)

Welcome to the Club :D

Pete

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

also there is a play button and stop button on the left side if SHRINK'S window, it's kinda hard to see but it's there, just look for it. also when you re-author it, just drag and drop the main movie. when there's wide screen and full sreen there will be 2 main movies there, again you can preview these 2 movies by highlighting one and pressing play and you should be able to see which one is which.
    GOOD LUCK!