1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Previewing Ripped DVD's ???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mwakelin, Nov 13, 2002.

1. mwakelin

mwakelin Member

I have ripped,encoded, decoded DVD's onto my HD. No probs.
    However, with a few, I have problems playing on a standalone player.
    Is there anyway to test play the DVD files on my PC before ripping to DVD ?

For example, i create the relevant IFO files along with the correct VOB files...
    I do all the correct processes, ie. VOB Extras (correct navigation pointers etc) and Get VTS Sectors...
    When i open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file on my PC using PowerDVD it plays fine, no probs. SO, i then rip to DVD and it does not play on standalone, or simply plays first chapter!!

What I want to do is be able to test the files I am going to burn before I do, therefore not creating too many coasters !!
    Is there any software that enables this ? I know IFOEdit has DVD Play button, but does this truly check the files ?

2. Krs12

Krs12 Guest

I usually burn to DVD-RW to test out the file in my standalone DVD player. That way I don't make a stack of coasters. When I preview I use the movie player in ifoedit, but it won't tell you if the file is complete or not. Maybe a more expirienced person can help with that.

3. mwakelin

mwakelin Member

Thanks, never thought of that. :)

I would Still like to preview the film on the PC to see if files are ok though.

What does the movie player in IFOEdit actually do ??