1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Previously modded xbox (by friend) can i do it myself (please read)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by myksterx, Jan 1, 2012.

1. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

Hi guys, what i mean is:

my friend modded my xbox and i pay him to do it (as a favour) everytime, he doesnt charge me, but i do it as he done me a favour.

now, i am aware of the whole process of what goes on, ive even sat there and watched him.
    i am pretty good when it comes to moddng, soldering etc and have alot of flashing experience on other devices

alls i need to know is, even though my xbox is already modded, can i still collect my keys off the drive, then re-flash with the new LT 3.0?

as my mate has the keys and i just wanna crack on and get on with it, and i would like to know this for future reference as i have family members who have pre-modded consoles and i would like to upgrade theres too, although im aware without the keys for the drive i cant do it.

so can i still retreive the keys off the already modded drives?

and if some kind sole would like to link me to software required or a link that lists everything that would be cool ! (saves me looking as im tied up with work lately :( )

2. mulletinc

mulletinc Regular member

3. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

thanks pal. :) happy new year

4. mulletinc

mulletinc Regular member

No problem bud! Happy new year to you too!

5. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

If your friend has the key for your console, you can make it easier on yourself by just using that to create the custom firmware. All you need to do then is erase your drive, then flash it with the custom firmware. With some drives, dumping the key is the hardest part as you have to use a probe, but if you already have the key saved somewhere you can skip that part.

Only do that if you are 100% sure that the key your friend has is correct though! If you erase your drive and the key is wrong, you're screwed.