1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primo DVD 2.0 cant find my pioneer A04

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by A7ma, Jul 7, 2002.

1. A7ma

A7ma Member

Some people on this forum recommended this software for burning .IMG files but it says it cant find any recording device , is there something i am doing wrong?

At the moment i am building an IMG image ( as ive read it makes the dvd more compatible with set top boxes ) then loading the image into daemon tools as a virtual DVD rom , then using nero to copy from the virtual dvd rom to a dvd , it does work but i want to use primo as it is said to be the best method of burning images.

thanks for any info :)

2. Nixdorfer

Nixdorfer Member

I had the same problem

This is what i did

1, Download the PXengine update from the www.prassieurope.com site.
    2, Load it into winzip and unpack it to a dir. Then u copy anythin ending in .dll to your windows/system dir. Or windows/system32 in 2000/XP and any .sys files to windows/system/drivers or windows/system32/drivers.
    If it asks if u wanna overwrite the file choose yes.

Reboot and it should find the writer. If it doesn't work check the files are in the right place

Soz can't be more precise as it varies from 98 to XP/2000 but u get the idea.

3. A7ma

A7ma Member

Cheers dude works a treat now :)

4. enchant

enchant Guest

The PXengine update is no longer available. Can anyone send it to me or let me know where I can get it ?

5. dalboy

dalboy Member

The link for PXengine is still available on the above site!!