1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince of persia .. problem with backup

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dan_100, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Dan_100

Dan_100 Member

Hello,

I'm using a Verbatin DVD (I also try a PRINCO and a MAXELL) to backup my prince of persia game. I use Magic Swap v2.0 and the Flip method. I also have the CDloader.

It works perfectly until I'm putting my backup game. i.e. I put the CD magic SWAP, i do the flip method to put my CD loader, I press the X button, I eject the CD and put the DVD magic SWAP after I want to put my backup game (using the Flip method) but then it's dosen't work... it said MEDIA:INVALID DISC (ERROR WHEN READING DISC) . I read a lot a thinks on this forum and I try many thinks, but nothing seem to work ! :( It's seem that my PS2 (version 4) dosen't like my DVD-R ! IS it possible ??? I'm playing movies that have been RIP without any problem !

I burned my game with NERO (I burn the image .iso file) so I think that everything is find on this side.

It's my first time that I try to backup a game...

Can anyone help me ??

For reference :
    http://www.saveware.com/CDLoaderInstructions.htm

Thanks in advance !

THanks !

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  2. riphack

riphack Guest

Hi Dan_100

Have you tried using DVD decrypter to back-up your games?
    I have problems when backing-up using nero it works fine for movies but not for games. When you are doing it for the fist time it is always a problem finding out if the modchip works correctly or you are doing something wrong when making back-ups.
    I also look at this site regular and what works for some people doesn’t work for others. Here is what I do and it works everytime:-

First you need DVD decrypter. You should be able to download it free.
    First go to Mode and change it to - Read an Iso file, this will now enable you to copy all the files you need onto your hardrive, select decrypt this can take up to 25 mins. When finished you go to Mode again and select Iso Write, change the source to the folder/file you have just copied (the folder is normally named from the dvd you have just copied). Now press to write you can’t miss it – it is at the bottom with the picture of the Hardrive + Disk. The whole process can take anything up to 60 mins

Good Luck

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i backed up prince of persia-sands ot time with record now and it works perfectly without the need for cd loader just a straight boot from swap magic 2 dvd disc on my v7

4. Dan_100

Dan_100 Member

Hi RipHack,

I burn it with DVD decrypter but it didn't workout ! :(

I try to burn Gateaway and my backup work just fine.

Someone told me that all the NEW game (Prince of percia is a pretty new game) dosen't work with the swap magic DVD ?? :(

Thanks again.. I will try someting else !