1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printable DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Stoner51, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Stoner51

Stoner51 Guest

I read somewhere that it was not redommended to print on discs burned at 8x. Can anyone tell me if I was asleep when I read this or is it true. I know verbatim and TY have 8x printable discs. Also interested in info for the 4x burned @ 8x. Thanks for the help.
    Steve

2. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

I use 8X printable Riteks and Prodiscs and have never had a problem.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Plextor PX-712A Rocks![/small]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  3. forkndave

forkndave Member

It would be kind of silly to make 8X printables if it wasn't recommended to print on them. I have found that both Ritek and Prodisc 4X will burn at 8X on my Pioneer A07 with hacked firmware. I generally burn them at 6X, though. There's only about two minutes difference. The last Prodisc that I received had MCC (Verbatim) media codes on them. I got some 4X and some 8X. Using Kprobe, I find that the 4X actually has lower PI errors burned at 8X than the 8X discs do. The errors on the 4X do increase near the outer edge, but they are still way within acceptable limits. The 8X errors run a little higher, but without the large bump at the end. Both still have excellent Kprobe scans. I hope that the next time I order these I get the same. The Prodisc S03 is excellent, but the MCC coded ones are a little more so. These are -R, incidentally. I don't generally use +R.