1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer Only Prints Colour in Pink

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LMH16, Oct 3, 2007.

1. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Hello,

Recently both cartridges on my printer were running low, when they wouldn't print no more then I changed them, thats when the problems started. First when I began printing all I could get was pink ink, then I was able to get black ink as well as pink but I still cannot get full colour. I looked on different websites and I have cleaned the cartridges, tried the cleaning maintenance under the printer properties, tried the priming cleaning under the test print and still it doesn't work. I have now opened another new colour cartridge and again this doesn't work, the printer itself is a HP Deskjet 930c and I have to admit it is getting pretty old, but it has never given me problems like this before. Now I have looked around I am starting to give up as every other solution solves it for everybody else, although can anybody else help?

Thank You

2. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

check the contact strips for damage

try the hot and cold water thing

dip the printhead in hot then cold water (only the print head not the whole thing) this is supposed to clear the holes through which the ink flows

3. LMH16

LMH16 Member

I have tried dipping the printhead into some hot then cold water but this still doesn't work, now I only get pink again and this time no black, what I don't understand though is that the ink on the black cartridge seems to come out fine except there is no black. On the colour cartridge though there only seems to be pink ink. Once I had dipped them in water there was some yellow and blue coming through but thats just stopped, and thats happened to two new cartridges as well. Does anybody have the answer?

Thank You