1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printer problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sravan, Jun 10, 2004.

1. sravan

sravan Member

Hi all,

I use HP laserjet 1000 series printer which is connected to my computer.The connection cable is like this.parallel port(printer) USB port(CPU).

But now i wanted the printer to be in the network so i bought a hp jetdirect 300x print server.

The printserver has a parallel port and the printer too.So i connected the printer with a cable which has both ends a parallel port.This cable is in my store.(it did not come with the printer).

now the problem is the printer is not getting the power.Can i use a cable(with parallel ends both) which did not come with the printer.Is this the cause for the problem.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sravan

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

You don't need a Jet Direct for a 1000 series printer, I don't even think they are supported since it uses a USB to Parallel adapter.

If you want it on the network you need to hook it up to your pc as normal (provided it is on the network) and use Windows file sharing to share it.

From the manual:
    Direct (local) connection with network sharing through Windows-sharing only.