1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer problems - Has Video Editing destroyed my hardrive?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bode, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

ddp

I don't disagree about other Hardware of software issues. You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

But I also think of it like this:

Times change, and things get updated. There are programs that don't work with anything other then Windows 95 or Windows 98 or Windows ME until a patch or fix comes out. I've gone through all of them, OS’s, without a major hitch and I still have many dos based programs that I can run in simulated dos mode. Just because one or two manufacturers cannot keep up with Microsoft isn’t cause for Microsoft to sit on the back burner until they do. Microsoft tries to work with them to help them get up to snuff! Look at how many programs mess up other software, just so that “they” can get their software to fit into the scheme of things. We have all heard of problems with Roxio right? I don’t believe that is Microsoft’s fault, that there are so many conflicts with Roxio’s programs, many of which are discussed here in aD. That's why the Hardware and Software vendors are required to get certified with Microsoft to use its compatibility label or system requirements, [bold] General System Requirements [/bold]. I feel that if it's on their box, then they better keep up with the times since I am purchasing their products.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

But don't get me wrong here. I am definitely not in love with Microsoft!!! I jokingly refer to the [bold]Bill Gates Shuffle![/bold] That’s what I call it every time someone has to do a reboot because of a lockout!!!

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the r300 series was already out when sp2 came out so who's fault is it than, epson, microsoft or neither. i think there is issues with hp's too

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

ddp

Again I don't fully disagree, but what should MS do in this case? They notify all vendors, Hardware and Software, about their plans to make changes with an estimated timeline as to when they will launch their SP's. They don’t just say, here it is. Again, there are hundreds of thousands of companies out there that have agreed with MS about possible changes and patches to the main OS. If MS waited until everyone was up to par with their software, we would still be using Windows 95. :)

5. bode

bode Member

Thankfully the printer is working fine now after uninstalling SP2.

On this occasion, Epson is fully responsible for the problem as the updated driver was designed for SP2. It doesn't work.

I'm sure I have every legal right to demand a refund from Epson as their product is not compatible with the operating system it was designed for.

idiots!

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

at least you got it working. teach & learn