1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing a still picture from a video or movie

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bfritze, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bfritze

bfritze Member

I am a novice computer user. Please do not get too technical with your replys.
    How would you go about printing a single frame from a video or movie?
    Thank you,
    bfritze

2. onya

onya Guest

You'll never find me guilty of that one!...LOL (sorry, just had to put that one in) So back to business... I take it that you have a DVD drive on your pc, and that it uses perhaps a program called "power dvd" or some other "player software name"? Open this program and look for something named CAPTURE or similar wording, in it's settings, for EG: powerdvd uses the "C" keyboard button to do this...as you are watching the movie. Now here's the tricky bit...Take notice where it will save those images on your pc. By default, it may store them in "my documents" and in "MY PICTURES" Job's almost done. You'll probably want to edit/crop/muckaround with these images so you're going to need some software(do you have some?) perhaps some came bundled with your printer? Let us know how you go.

Cheers.

3. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

Or press ALT+Print Screen (to screencap the PCs current Window) or CTRL+Print Screen (To Cap the entire screen) while the moovie is running, then use an old program like L-View Pro 1d to paste the captured screen (Or have a MS word doc opened and paste them into that).

You can also paste em into MS PAINT.