1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing on discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by tennisboy, May 24, 2007.

1. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

does anyone here scan a cover of a dvd and then print it on a dvd-r?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. JVC

JVC Active member

I scan and print dvd covers, and scan the disc label, and print it on my disc, so it all looks like the original. Sometimes I'll buy a dvd from the pawn shop, and the cover will be messed up, so I'll use the http://www.cdcovers.cc site, to print out a good copy. If I record a movie from the tv, I'll use the site also, for the cover and disc label art.

I like the backups to look as close to the original as possible......

4. repoman11

repoman11 Member

I have an HP C4180 printer/copier/scanner that let's me scan the discs I want to print, and then I print the writable media disc (I use Taiyo Yuden for my archive copies) using an Epson R380 printer that does discs too. I was a little hasty in the Epson...I ordered it from a mom and pop computer store for $200, and later found it on the web for $140! One drawback with it though, it takes SIX different color cartridges - $20 bucks apiece! But it does a fantastic job I will admit. I use full size Memorex single disc cases from K-Mart, use their blank media inserts, and just go wild with the graphics and text - a lot of fun for making wisecrack reviews!

5. JVC

JVC Active member

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member