1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prob editting vcd mpeg1s (w/ womble mvw)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by liftrasir, Aug 11, 2004.

1. liftrasir

liftrasir Member

i want to trim parts of some mpeg files (all encoded the same way with TMPGEnc) to fit them on a cd.
    i've used womble mpeg video wizard (or either mpeg vcr, i tried both).
    the problem is that automatic export is set to mpeg1 system, and not video cd (wich is the format the files where encoded to).
    if i change to video cd and export it reencodes the video. of course i dont want that.
    and if i go with the automatic, it saves the file in a diferent format. (but wasn't automatic suposed to save in the same format, to avoid reencoding?...)
    if i analise the resulting file with gspot it shows the stream has a sys bitrate of 1500 instead of 1411.
    this results in that when it comes to burning.. each video minute occupies more than 10 mb. and i end up with the 77 minutes not fitting to an 80 min cd, acouting to more than 850 megas if i recall.

can anyone tell me a way, with this software or any else, to avoid this, trimming my mpegs and leaving them on the vcd format?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Keep it as a Mpeg1 System stream and then Take the File and Run it through "Tmpgenc"s "Simple Multiplex" with the "Mpeg1 Video CD" setting selected from the Dropdown Menu and then click "Run"...
    This will produce a Mpeg1 file with the Proper VCD Header attached and it will also remove the Padding that Mpeg2VCR added to the File so it should be the Proper Size for it to Fit on a CD-R...
    You can also try editing useing Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" feature which Might give you better results but there is a chance there could be sync Problems but you won"t know untill you try...

Cheers