1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prob with geforce 7900gs

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ryanmcf, Sep 2, 2007.

1. ryanmcf

ryanmcf Member

k ive had this card for 2months now. i woke up this morning and noticed my comp reset. log on and i leave for awhile and come back and theres no display what so ever. I reboot and monitor still doesnt turn on and the fan on the card is running high speed like it overheated. So i took the card out and let it cool off. Plug it back in later, still same thing. So right now i got my old ati card in. I wasnt running any high intense game either when the screen went out. I also tried a system restore and still nothing. my power supply is 400w which is the min for the card, but it was working just fine for 2 months. Any ideas? i dont have the receit either

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

It could be that your PSU might have fried your card. It seems that that video card has just simply gone bad. If it's only 2 months old then just get a replacement from the manufacturer. BTW what kind of PSU are you using(Manufacturer).

3. ryanmcf

ryanmcf Member

IM running a dell pentiun 4 3.0 mhz with 3gig of ram. I dont have the receit tho so how can i return it

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

By PSU I meant power supply(I'm guessing you are using the one that came with the computer). Anyway get out your card it should have a manufacturer and a serial number on it. Contact that manufacturer and tell them to get you a replacement. Or you could post a pic of the card if you cant tell who the manufacturer is, just blur out the serial number.

5. ryanmcf

ryanmcf Member

Ya i dont know the manu of the PSU ikno its a 400w one tho cuz i had to check it out when i purchased the card. the card is a (PNY Technologies) NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS. Nvidia will replace even if u dont have proof of purchase?

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Usually they will.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Nvidia wont but PNY will. Computer stuff tends to have at least one year warranties so you should be good to go.