1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably a very dumb question

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Kulith, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Kulith

Kulith Guest

Can I use a bittorrent program at the same time I use eMule...? I like eMule and I get 100kb/s give or take usually, multiple downloads.

Im sorry if this is a dumb question or if its asked alot... seems to me it shoud work but idk.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Yes you can, but they might interfere with each other slightly or a lot.

When you run a peer to peer program, it is uploading as well as downloading. I don't know if you have ever run emule or a torrent app and noticed that your web browing is slowed down? That is because the p2p app is hogging your upload bandwidth. Well, with two running, they do this to each other, neither one gets a fair chance. You can get around this to a certain extent by limitimg upload speed, but some p2p programs will penalize you by limiting yur download speeds.

One at a time gives best results.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  3. Kulith

Kulith Guest

Ok, thanks.

Im sticking to emule then, I like it alot.

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Well, don't be too hasty in deciding that. Maybe you should give Torrent a whirl? Emule and Bit Torrent are both good at what they do. It's good to have both. Sometimes you will find that a certain file just doesn't show up very well on one network, but is easy to get on the other. Just plan your downloading so you are not running both at once, is my advice.

5. Kulith

Kulith Guest

all right then, thats what ill do.

I think BitComet has pretty good ratings, so does Azure. Which should I use??

Also I have another question about the m.a.f.i.a.a. (riaa & mpaa)
    Do they send you a warning email or do they just take you to court if they catch you? Even if I follow all the safety procedures...

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Well, I use Azureus, which works fine for me. You may find a program called Peer Guardian useful. It works to block fake torrent data that is used by eg movie and TV companies to slow down Bit Torrent traffic of popular content. You need to update it often, but I have found it very useful.

As for the RIAA and MPAA, as I live in Europe, I don't actually know very much about what they do, other than what I read on Slyck and Slashdot.