1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably the stupidest thing you ever heard of

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by CKhaleel, Aug 11, 2007.

1. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

BUT...I'm gonna get a PSP Slim. But not for games, but for hacking. Who wants to join my PSP Slim Hacking team? (Probably the stupidest thing you ever heard of, right?)

2. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

spiderman fan.. hahahha... nah thats not stupid at all..psp slims would be pretty dope to own.. whats the retail price for them? and why do they drop out¿ and what firmware are they going to start off at? if you do create a team.. might as well get some heads that have a lot of experience.. coding experience.........

p.s. howww the heckkk does everyone have those same signature pictures??? do you guys all get them from the same site and just pick which one suits you best?? thats what it seems like... cause there all the same size and have the same font.. i doubt you guys all copied each other and made it alike.. so where you gettin those pic sigz frm¿

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  3. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

usersigs.com

4. guano

guano Regular member

You can't create a hacking team using other ppl's hacks, dude. LOL. If you know how to code/create your OWN hacks, that would be fine. Hell, I would join you then. But to create a hacking team using other ppl's hacks... ? It would basically be like, "Hey, let's all sit in a circle, install 3.52 M33 and customize our topmenus."

5. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

The new PSP Slim, official name is PSP 2000 as the first one is PSP 1000 (ya they're clever), has a new LCD design. It weighs less with more stability. By stability, I mean dead or stuck pixels will be eliminated. It also has a new CPU that will come overclocked right out of the factory at 433MHz. The internal flash has a greater capacity as well. I believe the is only 22-23MB, while this new chip can hold up to 35MB. The Firmware will be 4.00 and there is talk of a new XMB design. The starting price, in the USA, will be either $199 or $249, Sony has yet to make an official announcement.

6. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

GOOD lookin out you krazy kid.. that seems like a nice psp right there..you guys think it will be a long time for anyone to crack 4.00.. i bet theyd probably work on that before 3.51 or 3.52 sony firmware...

OHH! and thankyou so much for that link chkaleel w.e it is... much appreciated.. muchhhh

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

No offense personally Crazykid, but you should be demoted to noob status until you know what your talking about...

If this were true, the old PSP would be obsolete, not being able to run ANY of the new games, because it's maximum clock speed is 333 mHz.

I think you mean the current is...
    Anyway, the current model does not have 23 MB, it has 32 MB. Most new firmwares take up more than 22 MB. And, the new model will have 64 MB, so the flash is doubled, in order to help game load speed. So, the extra 32 MB in the new models flash will have nothing to do with flash0, allowing the fat psp to stay in the game.

No, it won't. It will either be 3.60 or 3.70. the two theories we have going now are:
    1. the firmware 3.60 will be in the new PSP model at launch, and available for download on the Sony site for fat PSP's. No word on how the updates will continue after that, with there being new features in the new PSP.
    2. 3.60 is just a "firmware for show", to show the new PSP slim features to people who tested it, and that's why it's not available for download. 3.70 will be formed, which will automatically have the features on, but hides them from view, so fat PSP's don't see impossible to use features.

I thnk Sony has made an official announcement. The current PSP model will have a $30 price drop and the PSP slim will take the price the current PSP model has now. Don't post BS if you have NO FREAKING CLUE what you're talking about.

8. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

I'm gonna sit on getting a new PSP until they've been hacked, then I'll prob get a new one.. Best thing about the PSP is homebrew. I doubt that it's going to be anything super fantastic though... heh... and..... if something comes out of the factory 'overclocked' wouldn't that mean that it's just.. clocked normally? Wouldn't overclocking be making it faster than it came from the factory?

Also, the battery life is supposed to be improved. However, Crazy when you said there would be no dead/stuck pixels that's not really true. There will be less, but not none. :) They 'simplified' the UMD case as well, which I think will lead to UMD problems. I see a lot of problems now, however by taking out the internals that keep the UMD in place and let it rattle around in there, I'm sure to see more.

Had someone come into the store today and ask if we had the new PSP :) Wouldn't that be grand..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  9. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

hahahah... u jsut got schooled crazykid.. camon nowww.. and i dint mean why they dropping out.. i meant when... but forill tho.. dont be postin up things that arent true.. you trip me out for a second when you said the new slims clockspeeds guna run at 433mhz.. pssssshhh

10. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Crazykid-Pwned!