1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem accessing USB flash disk with uLaunchELF

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spoonbard, Feb 21, 2007.

1. spoonbard

spoonbard Member

Hi.
    I'm using SwapMagic 3.6 on a Slimline PS2 to boot a CD version of uLaunchELF, and everything seems to be working fine until I try to access the USB memory stick I'm using.
    Basically, when I try to enter 'mass:', the program freezes and I have to reset. I've tried with both a 215MB flask disk, and an 80GB usb external HDD, and the same error happens with both. I've also tried reformatting in both FAT and FAT32 and neither helps.
    Also, if I have a USB device connected when I load up swapmagic, it won't go past the title screen into the 'load program' screen.
    Could anyone help me out? I've heard that some USB flash disks don't work with the PS2, but I don't want to spend money on a new one in case it doesn't work either.

2. spoonbard

spoonbard Member

Ah, I solveed my own problem actually... this bit of information might be useful for some:
    I've been playing Okami on a backup disk (NTSC version) using Swapmagic, but now the PAL version has come ot, I bought it. However, to play the PAL version using my game save, I needed to rename the files to the European standard. You can't rename files in the memory card using uLaunchELF, but what you can do is copy them across to a PSX memiory card, rename them there, and then copy them back ^_^