1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem at Writing Lead-in phase, please help.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by avarilone, Nov 16, 2004.

1. avarilone

avarilone Member

Alright, just got my "Piodata" dvr-108dx, I have tried burning dvds with many different programs, and each time it just freezes at the "Writing Lead-in" phase. The computer doesn't really freeze, but it might as well because every time it happens I can't even close the program I'm using, and DirectCD won't close, I have to hold down the power button on my computer to restart. I can burn CDs fine, but not DVDs. I am using TDK DVD+R's. If anybody has any idea of what might be wrong, please enlighten me. Thank you.

2. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Are you trying to back-up your personal dvd collection? If so what program are you using, you don't mention it. I'm assuming your using dvd shrink to back up, what are you using to burn. You do mention direct cd. If you are using dvd shrink coupled with dvd decrypter to burn or nero to burn my advice would be to uninstall all of roxio easy cd creator(with direct cd) and reboot. Then try your ripping programs. Direct cd is a packet writer that constantly talks to your drive and can have an effect on your burns. I have shrink+decrypter and had the lead in problem and it went away when I completely uninstalled Easy cd creator. Check some of Scuba Pete's posts. He has a link for a little program that will totally remove roxio from your registry after you do the uninstall. The uninstall leaves bits of roxio laying around. I have the program but not the link.

3. avarilone

avarilone Member

I'm trying to backup ps2 games and/or movies. I am indeed using DVD Shrink. I have tried both DVD Decrypter and Nero to burn, and the same thing happens both times. I tried uninstalling Easy CD Creator like you suggested and restarting, still the same problem. I was not able to find that link to the program you were talking about that completely removes all of the roxio files after the uninstall. It's getting quite frustrating, especially since the DVD+R's are not usable after each attempted burn. I have updated the firmware, made sure it was in DMA mode, seems like I've tried absolutely everything. I really appricate your help, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know, I'm getting quite desperate.

4. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

5. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

6. avarilone

avarilone Member

Ok, I'm fairly close to throwing my dvd burner out the window. I have updated the firmware to 1.14, unistalled roxio and used that program that completely removes it, made sure DMA is enabled, tried different burning programs, so if anybody can think of something I haven't tried that might work or can think of any more possible problems, let me know. Bigwop thanks for your help, I wish I had something to show for it. Short of getting a different DVD burner, I don't know what to do.