1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up a dvd, starts on second scene

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dagdajk25, Apr 8, 2003.

1. dagdajk25

dagdajk25 Member

I recently bought and made a backup copy of Jackass the Movie, following a guide i found on here somewhere, using dvd decrypter, ifoedit, and nero to burn it. i backed it up so it was JUST the movie. when i put it in my living room dvd player or my computer dvd drive, it starts playing the movie on the second chapter/scene (whatever), and i have to press the [Previous] button for it to go back to the first scene.

I've used the same method for other movies and they worked fine. Is there something i may have done wrong or is there any way to tell why its doing this from looking at the movie files on my hard drive?

thanks your time is greatly appreciated

2. beintot

beintot Member

oddly enough i have seen the exact same problem on another dvd player with a copy of the jackass movie,plays from second chapter on a friends dvd player,and from the very start on my dvd player,same disc too!so it may be a problem related to the dvd player rather than doing something wrong when making the dvd,try the disc in a friends player and see if there is any difference i would suggest.