1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up Once Upon A Time In Mexico...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by socrates9, Jan 23, 2004.

1. socrates9

socrates9 Member

The spanish subtitles that are in the movie during only spanish speaking parts do not show up.

I have backed up the movie only using dvdshrink 3.0 beta and 3.1.3 and both have the same problem. For some reason dvdshrink does not back up the subtiltes, even when I selected the english and french to be backed up also.

Any help is appreciated.

2. morrow52

morrow52 Guest

How did you get it fixed? I'm curious.... I am trying to back up my copy, but haven't burned it to disc yet.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink does this movie fine !: ]-~

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Yes it does m8, especially the latest version (DVD Shrink 3.14)= faster encode engine :)I thought you were a TMPGEnc DVD Author nut?

Shoey :)

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Moi...? [bold]lol[/bold]

I have always been a DVD2One user myself bro (still have DVD Shrink on PC too)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah - i converted you to DVD Shrink and he lies when he says he doesnt use - i know he does, he knows he does, even Robbie Keane knows he does. - aint that right Brucey

7. hightech

hightech Member

Hi, this is my first time posting. Was never a need to because I would search and read and find my answer(Big Thank You to the guys and gals here). I'm having a problem with this dvd. I am able to rip and burn with Shrink(3.1.4)+Nero 6. My problem is the only thing that plays is the intro, @ the horse with the wings, then it locks up. I've tried Power DVD 4.0 and Win media player 9 with luck.
    I'm using a I/O Magic DVD +/-4X RW with compusa -R media.
    A friend was able to do a backup using memeorx 4x media(dont know what burner) but locksup after you get to scene selection, play movie..
    Thank you for all you help..

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you re-author? I recently did a backup of LOTR and took out a few extra's (FBI warnings& logos) and the dvd backup doesn't run "auto". I have to "manually" go to the movie so I no longer strip the "beginning" extra's& menu's. I did another backup and took out all the extra's and the dvd video playback plays just fine with excellent dvd video playback. You can backup just the main movie if you're backing up a very long dvd movie such as LOTR 1&2, The Green Mile, The Titantic, Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor) and get much better dvd video playback. I burn at 1.x(always)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2004
  9. hightech

hightech Member

Shoey,
    While you were posting I was doing exactly as you suggested. I followed the directions from Oriphus signiture. http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    It worked great, and was so simple.... THANKS GUYS, YOU'RE GREAT!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Another satisfied Afterdawn forum member! See how easy it is to backup dvd to dvd+r(w) using DVD Shrink 3.14? Claps for Oriphus too! (hehe)

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

!!Yeah claps for me :-D !! lol

12. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

I also had problems backing up 'once upon a time in mexico'. I tried backing it up twice with DVD shrink and received the same outcome. Don't get me wrong since i started using DVD shrink i love it, it always works great! But my problem was similar to the one above, where the disk just kept repeating the warning screens over and over. But i did get the movie to work, i just hit the menu button on my dvd player remote, and for some reason the movie started to play. I guess i should mention this, it was a full backup.

I have noticed that some movies, this one and pirates of Car., have a slight pause betweeen maybe 1 chapter. Have any of you experienced this as well? I have a new SONY dvd burner and a 2.4ghz pc with like 1gig of ram. so there should be penty of power. I also just rip to an extra 80 gig hd that i have as well, so the operating system runs on a different disk. And just to be on the safe side i do not run any other apps during the process.

Sorry 1 more question, I never us the 'deep analysis' do a lot of you?

Thanks!