1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem backing-up original Rayman-Revolution DVD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ferry666, Feb 3, 2004.

1. ferry666

ferry666 Member

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I tried to back-up the original Rayman - Revolution DVD using Nero, but the copie doesnot work, even when burned at slow speed.
    This is the first time for me the back-up of an original PS2-DVD game fails using Nero.

This is probaly the case because Ubi Soft protects it's PS(2)-dvd's in a special way, as described in this article http://www.gamer.nl/column/82

My question: Has anyone succesfully copied the original Rayman-Revolution DVD, and if so, using what programm?

thanx in advance!

2. logannsan

logannsan Member

Yeah I have backed that game up. I used DVD Decrypter.

3. billz

billz Active member

what method are you using for swaping modchip or swap magic?

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

isnt this game old? ubisoft never do anything about games they put on dvd's that BS... i backup my Prince Of Persia beyond good and evil AND rayman M they all worked from the 1st backup i never had any errors with games...

5. ferry666

ferry666 Member

Thanx for the replies guys.

Yesterday tried copying the game using dvd-decryptor in ISO-mode (because of the good references on the forum).

Doing so there first were some settings for the ISO-read I can set like deleting different protections and making a MSD file. First I deselected all off the checkboxes but got no file at all after decrypting.
    Then I only selected the "write MSD-file" checkbox, decrypted, and got a small file (the MSD?) and a large one the size of the game, but in winrar format.
    So next I set winrar NOT to set ISO-files as winrar files. At that time then it was past midnight so I haven't come further yet...

so I'd like the ask the following:
    1) Should I, using dvd-decryptor, copy in ISO format or just plain files?
    1) Do I deselect the "remove protections check-boxes" en what about the "create a MSD-file checkbox"?
    2) Do I only write the big file to dvd
    3) does it work then...????

If they put protection on older games... don't know, but I know for some years copying Rayman 2 for the PS1 using cloncecd it was the only game giving me trouble!!! SO I guess they do/did...

I bought the PS2 second hand and it was already fixed, unfortunately don't know how...

thanx, greetings Ferry

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

I have backed this up, no trouble. PS2 v2, Pioneer 105, Ritek G04 -R media with DVD Decrypter. It loads ok using Swap Magic 2.0.

UBI Soft has started putting some protection on their PC games that checks to see if you have Daemon Tools or other virtual cd software and refuses to run if it finds it, but this would not apply for an old PS2 game. I saw that a while back at http://www.evilavatar.com/modules.p...=article&sid=2214&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0