1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem backing up ps2 backup disc

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Warman, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Warman

Warman Member

I am having a problem backing up a backup copy of a ps2 game. I was trying to save the image to a folder. But when i try to save the image it will only read to about 5% and then it stops. I am using alcohol 120% and also tried dvd decrypter, I get the same results with both applications. Any suggestions on what I can do to make a image file of a backup ps2 game. Thanks

2. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

what kinda error log did you get?

3. KabawL

KabawL Member

Use DVD DECRYPTER and Make sure you select MODE>ISO>READ.

The SOURCE is the DVD BURNER.
    and...
    The DESTINATION is the spot where you can locate the BACKUP(I use the DESKTOP)

Click FILE>DECRYPT.

Select MODE>ISO>WRITE.

The Source is the BACKUP on your drive.

The DESTINATION is the DVD BURNER where you have your blank media waiting for the burn.

Select the speed. (1x)

Then Back it up!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  4. Warman

Warman Member

I have backup copies of a few games and the backups that I have are from the original games. I am trying to backup up a backup copy of a ps2 game and I understand how to use both alcohol 120 % and dvd decrypter to make the image files. I am having a problem with a backup copy ps2 game. It it will start to make the image and then when it gets to about 5% it will just stop. The error I receive is "disc read error at 117408" and "disc dumping failed"! << This is with alcohol 120%. Is there another program that I could download to possibly backup a backup copy of a ps2 game. Any suggestions. Thanks!

5. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

yeah i used to have an error message like that with dvd decrypter when i tried to back up a really scratched up original(soul caliber 2) that i have.

by any chance, is the disc your trying to backup really scratched up?

6. Warman

Warman Member

No the disc is not scratched at all.

7. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

i usually get that read disc error on very rare occasions. then i try like you did and use a differnt program like nero, but same results. i'm almost certain it's the disc that's bad.