1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem backing up ps2/xbox games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by frontlin7, Aug 11, 2004.

1. frontlin7

frontlin7 Guest

im a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff guys and ive searched but i cant find anything that helps me all the way through. i just got a mod chip for my xbox and a flip top for my ps2. i want to backup some of my games. i have no idea how to do this. ive tried roxio easy media creator 7 but it says that there is only 13.7 mb or somehting on the disc? why would it say that? ive also attempted to use dvd decryptor and alcohol 120% but they both wouldnt work and i dont know how to manually adjust them to work. can someone please send me a guide or help me out wiht this so i can start backing up my games? thanks a lot, my email is frontoftheline@aol.com if you wanna email me it there. thanks again,

nick

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

use dvd decrypter in mode-iso-read (to read the image) and mode-iso-write (to write the image) for ps2 games. For xbox games, you must connect your xbox to your computer and read from there.

3. frontlin7

frontlin7 Guest

lol thanks a lot my ps2s were working with decryptor and alcohol 120 but my xboxs werent it would say that there were only 13 mbs on a dvd-r i was going insane i didnt realize u had to hook it up.

4. frontlin7

frontlin7 Guest

i have another question, i guess this should be posted in the xbox backing up section but theres already some other information here so i thought if it should be moved then it will be moved. anyway, i hookedup my xbox with an ati cable that i originally had hookedup with my dvd burner. my computer did not list the drive as anything it just wasnt there. is there somehting i need to install in order for my comp to recognize the drive becasue i thought all i would need is to hook it up and it would found as new hardware. any suggestions? thanks

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you need to check out xbox-scene.com. you have to connect your xbox to your computer via ethernet cable (thats all i know).

6. frontlin7

frontlin7 Guest

o well that makes it a lot easier i had to take the xbox apart but i tried that last night same thing happened, but ill check out that website, is it the same thing for backing up once you can read the disc? just use decryptor make the iso and the burn it?