1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up The Illusionist

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by easylivn, Jan 9, 2007.

1. easylivn

easylivn Member

Tried backing up The Illusionist using 1click DVD Copy and AnyDVD (all latest versions). I noticed that DVDCopy wanted to use 37% compression on a 109 minute movie, but I let it go. It read the files, but balked at writing stating there was not enough room on the blank DVD+R (verbatim); switched blank media and also computers (same error trying to copy this movie). I then proceeded to use DVD Shrink and AnyDVD and it "backed up" fine. I realize this disc just came out today on DVD, but would be interested to hear if others have a problem with it. By the way, I've backed up many movies using 1click/anyDVD and this is the first time I got an error that a blank DVD+R did not contain enough space; 1click is supposed to use the necessary compression (I thought) to fit the main movie on a 4.7GB disk. (I did not want to waste a dual layer disk which I could have used I suppose).

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

What was the size of file after compression using 1 clickDVD?...
    It should have been 4.29GB...If it was larger then that...It did not compress properly...

What was size after using shrink?..

3. easylivn

easylivn Member

I should have written the info down, but the temp video folder from 1Click DVDCopy is 4.35GBs and I believe that is what it said prior to halting the write action. The progress bar in DVD Shrink did not go into the red at all so I'm assuming it was 4.29 or less. Since I successfully "backed up" other movies today using 1click, I assume you are correct that for some reason, 1Click DVDCopy could not compress The Illusionist properly to fit on a single disk. (I have no options selected and always just transfer the main movie only).

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

What version of 1clickDVD are you useing?..

I only use 1clickDVD when I need to compress a movie...have used it thousands of times...It has done the same to me only a few times...Just a fluke...when I retried it worked fine...

I am one of the few that use 1clickDVD here...glad to see another user...

5. ChellenL

ChellenL Member

Hello, I too am having problems backing up 'the illusionist', DVDshrink says there is an error reading the disc. ANYDVD says something about a "rcp1" being the wrong path- That I could find it on the internet so I found something that downloaded the rcp1 but it is still not working. Does anyone know what I need to do here? Cause I don't have a clue!

6. easylivn

easylivn Member

To LP531: I'm using 4.2; I just noticed version 5 is out and downloaded it, but haven't used it yet.

To ChellenL: Unless you got a bad disk, dunno. DVD Shrink had no problem with it; are you using the very latest versions of DVD Shrink and AnyDVD?

7. ChellenL

ChellenL Member

yes, I have the current DVDshrink, and AnyDVD, I am getting "shrink is not reading the disc" (which is clean and no scratches)"the parameter is wrong" -- AnyDVD says "rpc1 is not on" to download one because mine is on rpc2path??? I don't have a clue what that means! I thought I downloaded one last night but then ran it and it said the same thing so I don't know.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    THANKS!

8. ChellenL

ChellenL Member

GOT IT GOING!!!!!! Didn't do anything but retry and retry and retry...you get the picture! FINALLY!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP THOUGH!!!!

Chelle

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

this might be just my opinion but, if you do the following you will never have a problem, of course, there is an extra step:
    1- ripit4me to the HD, make sure you run the files thru fixvts, this will give you the "cleanest file" you can get.
    2-fabdecrypter to your HD then run those files thru Vobblanker.
    then take you favorite compressor to shrink the files.
    PS: absolutely no on-the-fly decrypting for me.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  10. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

If you use D drive rather than F drive that could be it. Or is it blue disc? blue disc have some problems. That could cause the red laser to leave some dust and it'll be different

11. ChellenL

ChellenL Member

Elizerroj,
    how do I get 'nero recode 2'? Is that with Nero 7? I tried burning with Nero 7 and it wouldn't burn movies, so I deleted the whole thing--even with Nero copyright(?) Can you tell me how to get that and then what else I need to burn.
    Also...you mentioned that 'Ripping RipGuard' is DVDdecrypter only better? Is is basically the same?
    I agree about AnyDVD, best money spent!!!

12. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@ chellenl. Recode2 is within nero 7. i wouldn't worry about a burning application within recode2, i only installed recode2 and i use IMGBurn to burn. ripgard and decrypter are not the same thing, ripgard is a protection that can't be broken by decrypter when you use it together with ripit4me and fixvts. i did not say that ripgard and decrypter were the same, decrypter is a ripper, ripgard is a protection on the commercial dvds.

remember. anydvd/recode2/IMGBurn is a great combination.
    ps: i do prefer and always do, to rip to my hard drive with ripit4me or fabdecrypter first, then use recode2 to compress and IMGBurn to burn.

13. ntblood

ntblood Member

14. eLeGaLLY

eLeGaLLY Member

yeah, ive had problems and still having a problem backing up this movie...ive used dvd fabdecrypter w/1click....it reads and compresses normal i suppose except for the fact that was stated earlier-it compresses @32% for a one and a half hour movie with no menus or extras (very strange) and once i insert blank disc, it says not enough space...it compresses down to 4.42 i think it was. blank dvd says 4.7 space. what the deally yo?

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Although the capacity of a DVD is listed on the packaging as 4.7GB, it is infact only 4.38GB, hence your problem with "no enough space".

When you rip the dvd with DvdFab, have you treid using Shrink to compress?

16. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

my 5pence worth is simply "DVDFab Decrypter followed by program of choice for <insert new movie here>".

18. res2cue

res2cue Guest

100% agree with you creaky!