1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Booting With Swap Magic DVD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Eric04h, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Eric04h

Eric04h Member

Well Heres my problem...i have a Swap Magic CD 3.0 which is what i use to boot my DVD Backups...By inserting The Swap Magic DVD..putting a PS2 original as a TOC disc and then the backup...But when i try to boot any PS2 Backup on with My Swap Magic DVD Disc It Never Boots Any Of The DVD Backups....When it saids
    "Insert Disc" i insert My DVD Backup Useing The Flip Top Method...But then it just hangs on that screen..Am I doing something wrong??

Also i have another problem...I have backup True Crime and as i see on alot of Forums here i need a CD Loader And need to Select "No PN" ...well heres what i do..i insert the Swap Magic 2.0 CD and then swap with the CD Loader..i push X and then select "No PN" and then Push X Again...after that i insert a the Swap Magic DVD Disc and then Push X once again...after that it saids "insert Game EA Method" or sumthin like that...which is when i insert the backup of true crime useing the Flip Top..but then it just hangs on that Screen and does nothing after I push X

And One more Question..i have backed up a Copy of Jet Li:Rise to Honor...i have made it half way through the game but on one Video clip it just Keeps Getting Stuck...i tried burning it 2 more times Useing 1X on Ritek Media but still the same results with the Game..Any Way to Fix This??

~Eric~

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

sounds like you got a bad swap magic dvd disc.

3. againstme

againstme Member

do you have to have anything special like a gameshark or anything when using the slide card and swap magic discs?

4. Eric04h

Eric04h Member

No, when you have the swap magic and the slid card or Flip Top..all you need is that..gameshark or action replay is only if you dont have swap magic..gameshark is basicly a more difficult alternative way to boot Backups...If you have swap magic you can play backups only useing that...some games require a cd loader which is in cunjuction with the backup after swap magic..and if you wanna play DVD Rips(DVD game downsized to fit on a CDR) you will need Breaker Pro.some dvd rips will work without it but will probably have problems.

~Eric~

5. Eric04h

Eric04h Member

hahahaha im stupid..i thought this was the forum i made and i thought you were asking me something...but no i do not have none of those..to bbot cd-r and DVD rips i just use the swap magic or the swap magic and breaker pro...and to boog dvd backups i have to put swap magic cd ver. and then open tray and put a a game as a TOC disc and then the dvd backup..but i cant get the dvd disc to boot up dvd games at all..i just use the Flip Top cover and The Swap magic CD 3 CD and the DVD 2.0 which wont boot my backups!anyone gotz any help with that?

~Eric~