1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning 000 images

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by J0hnnyga, Feb 5, 2008.

1. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

so i've backed more than a few games so far but to date i have never had any luck with .000 image files, the info in the .dvd is correct and imgburn and clonecd both complete the burn process without error however when i go to put the game into the xbox ill usally get something like disc is unplayable at the bottem of the dash. i have had no problem burning .dvd and .iso combos any ideas? is it just bad luck from a bad rip or something?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

how old is your system and what discs are you using.

3. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

my system is less than a year old with a liteon LH-20A1L and im using verbatim dvd dl + r. im also making sure the booktype is changed to dvd-rom. it has failed burning at least 2 000 images but it has burned at least 5 iso files just fine. i don't get it...

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Have you tried changing the .ooo file extension to .iso ?
    I know in the early stages of backing up games this caused a problem. When they were being stealth patched with certain programs you would have to change the file extension from .iso to .000
    and people would forget to change it back.

Not 100% sure that is your case but surely worth a try. It is either that or find a different version. When you look at the DVD file what is the name of the file? is it like game.000 or game.iso? If the DVD file is wrong you can always use IMGburn and burn the ISO file manually setting the layer break.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  5. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

acutally i did try doing that. the .dvd points to the .000 since i had previously done the change from .000 to .iso and it worked i tried that, however it did not work this time. the file im working with btw is mrn-srow if anyone has had success burning this id love to hear what you did. i have not tried just burning the image but if the dvd was correct i wouldnt think it would make much difference...

6. steimy

steimy Active member

No, burning just the ISO may not make a difference. If the .DVD file were wrong then you would get an error before trying to burn it that it could not find the file. Since the .DVD file is the path to the ISO.

Rather than wasting money on more discs you may just want to aquire a different file.

7. mub6

mub6 Regular member

are you sure you're not trying to burn a rar file?

8. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

yes im quite sure im not trying to burn a rar the orginal file was mrn-srow im am trying to burn the contents of it which was a .dvd and a .000 image file

and yea unless i get someone with very specific advise on how to burn that correctly i think i may just give up on that one..