1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning a DVD (slow burn rates)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by heat128, Nov 13, 2007.

1. heat128

heat128 Member

Hi, I recently got a new PC (nothing new by hardware standards lol) I'm running Windows XP 1 gb of RAM, and AMD 3200+ processor

Problem is b asiccaly I installed DVD shrink and DVD decrypter it worked fine but soon enough this problem started happening. Basically I burned a few DVDs and suddenly it started taking much longer (like..45 minutes if that to..3+ hours in order to burn a DVD.) I have no idea how this happened and never had this happen on any of my other PCs before. Can anyone give me an idea of how to fix this, or even what the problem is?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Check the DMA settings for the DVD drive(s). If you don't know how, do a google. It's been discussed a lot here on AD.

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You can kill 2 birds with one stone. Use the latest DVDFab HD Decrypter which has the option to check, and reset DMA. It's in the Common Settings (gear icon top right). The program is better than DVD Decrypter for bypassing copy protection on the newer releases. DVD Decrypter by itself is obsolete and hasn't been supported for a long time.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007